Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011
Took a day off just to recharge my batteries. My legs are awfully sore from all the walking done in the last seven days. Instead of running all over town, resolved to finish unpacking at least the one bag containing toiletries, spices and miscellaneous items. My garam marsala jar was busted and I had to remove it from every other item in the bag. It’s a pity for I haven’t found any Indian or Chinese spices so far. I’m still waiting for my bed and anything into which to organize my clothes and put away my luggage. Picked up the living room and even most of the kitchen while taking periodic breaks to watch the birds cavorting on the branches of the huge tree shading what used to be a balcony now turned into an eating nook.
                                                              Mailbox
Although a brand new apartment building is going up next door right now, the noise is limited to some hammering and drilling as they appear to lack heavy machinery. All in all, I have really lucked out with the apartment since I can’t hear the road traffic and there is little activity taking place around my building. That might all change once the new building is occupied. We’ll have to wait and see. Still don’t know where to take the garbage and whether parts of it could be recycled or composted.
                                                       Tajik flat bread

No comments:

Post a Comment