Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011

Lazy day at the apartment reviewing materials for upcoming teacher training workshops, cleaning house and catching up with the news.I cooked some muesli for breakfast, but without vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg or ground cloves, none of which I have been able to find, it was, like most meals here, simply bland. Two clerks at different supermarkets tried to sell me vanilla in powder form. Has anybody ever heard of it?

Had an early dinner with Caroline and planned menu for upcoming potluck dinner at my place on Saturday. Bought some vegetables from a street vendor who was not satisfied with any of my attempts to say "Thank you" I've learned so far: Sposibo (Russian) Tashakur (Persian) or Rahmat (Tajik) and was apparently trying to teach me yet another form. When I asked for "nom", bread, at the corner store, they were sold out so the answer was "ne". The Memorandum of Understanding is apparently ready and I'll be taken to the Pedagogical Institute tomorrow to finalize the arrangements for my teaching there. I'm going to welcome having some structure to my days.
                                                           Caroline at our favorite eatery
                                             Some of the offerings at the Formula One Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment