Monday, May 14, 2012


May 14, 2012
I had a very enjoyable morning just puttering around the flat until it was time for my classes at Caritas. I took the trolley to get off closer to their offices and also to bypass the PedInst since I tend to get stopped too many times by my former students trying to find out why I’m not in class on a daily basis.

Takhmina was out on an errand and the three remaining students played “The Good Manners” game explaining what was the proper etiquette for a series of events, such as a wedding, funeral or birthday party. Each response took much longer than I had expected, such as the funeral one, as many of them didn’t have the vocabulary required to talk about that topic. We moved on to a much lighter topic by playing “Odd one Out” the rest of the time.

Khurshed offered me a ride home just as it was beginning to rain, but first we experience a volley of hail that could be heard peppering the roof of the car. I was so relieved to be home just as the downpour started.
The landlady called to say her husband would come by tonight to collect the rent. Otherwise, I had a very quiet evening at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment