Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8, 2012
Nothing much to report. My brother-in-law tried again to reach me through Skype and this time we could see each other, but had to use the IM portion of the program to communicate. My sister joined him and showed a new pair of flannel pajamas she’s sending me soon. It was great to see both of them and almost ached to be there and hug them tight.

Started out on my plov/osh dish hoping this time the turn out will be just like my neighbor Maryam’s. It took much longer than anticipated as having to cook on an electric stove is always a pain in the neck when it comes to regulating the heat. How I wish I had gas to cook with. I didn’t have lunch until almost 3:00pm. Neither Caroline nor Corrie came over. I don’t blame them though as the streets are still icy. I’ll take some to Caroline tomorrow morning.


                            The Dominican version of plov/osh - delicious

I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing grammar games for tomorrow’s presentation and the upcoming workshop at the American Corner. I need to find a place to laminate these materials so I don’t have to replicate them. I also put the finishing touches on my presentation on Washington, D. C. for the Operation Mercy NGO.

I almost finish reading de Botton’s “The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work”, a most insightful look into several occupations and how people come to love or hate what they do. Fascinating read.

No comments:

Post a Comment