Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012
It started snowing early in the morning and it didn’t stop at all. Contrary to places like Seattle, where everything comes to a halt when the city gets snowed in, people here continue with their chores, visits and amusements. I could see two children trying to play soccer in the field across from the apartment building  even though the ball would hardly bounce in the softly accumulating  snow.

I spent the day working on the materials I’ll need for my next workshop at the American Corner which will consist of demonstrating grammar games to the teachers. I’m hoping I won’t get as many people as we got yesterday because I’d quickly run out of materials as well.

I cooked a delicious mung bean soup with chunks of beef, carrots and potatoes and a dollop of the hot sauce Corrie had brought me. The perfect meal on a cold, snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment