Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012
I stayed home all day working on my presentation for the NELTA conference, cleaning house and simply relaxing. Caroline came by to bring more of her stuff and to get away from the cleaning lady her landlady had forced them to hire to clean up the place before they move out. We chatted for a few hours and then Elbek came for his class.

Pariso called and, apparently, was trying to pull my leg by telling me I was expected at the institute to teach tomorrow. I informed her about the proposed change and after much repetition and rephrasing; she understood I was waiting for a meeting with the embassy personnel to finalize the change proposed by the dean. She said something about being aware I dislike going out in the snow and the ice, but not to forget about her and her family. I reiterated I hadn’t and planned on doing so as soon as spring sprung. Retired to my bedroom to continue reading “Kitchen Confidential”, a riveting account of the restaurant industry and the cast of misfits that usually work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment