Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14, 2012
Stayed home waiting for the repair person to come and repair the pump, but he never showed up. I texted Dilya in the late afternoon and she claimed his mother had been ill and had to be taken to the hospital. Apparently, there is only repair person in all of Dushanbe. She promised he’d come early on Sunday morning.

I used the time to prepare my PowerPoint presentation on minorities in the U.S. I decided to concentrate on showing Hispanic/Latino people who have influenced the music, literature, film, and politics of the country and to include clips of music to go along with the entertainers. Corrie came by in the evening and brought me a chunk of Parmesan cheese she had found at the supermarket around the corner from my flat. She also brought me a jar of what she considers “hot” sauce. We’ll see how I rate it as the one I previously purchased seemed to taste just like ketchup.

Corrie thought my presentation looked really interesting especially since those attending are mostly young people who would be attuned to celebrities and the latest in music. She refreshed my memory on how to insert a sound clip into each slide.

I also spent a considerable amount of time reading an extremely disturbing book sent by an acquaintance in Ecuador titled “La Verdadera Historia del Club Bilderberg”, which outlines the theory that every war that has taken place since WWI has been orchestrated by a select group of heads of states, financiers and oil producing companies hell bent on keeping control over the natural resources available in the planet. To say that it’s scary is to put it mildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment