Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised to find a trickle of warm water coming out of the tap. Time to do the mountain of dishes piling up in the sink and to take a long, leisure bath. The phone didn’t ring all day and I spoke to one. Caroline and I emailed each other to coordinate the material to present tomorrow at the teachers’ training center including showing them the difference between the uses of gerunds and infinitives.

My lightheadedness and queasy stomach seemed to be subsiding finally and I felt energetic enough to vacuum the apartment and tidy the place. A weak sun shone for a couple of hours, but not strong enough to entice to go outside.

Nilufar didn’t show up for her class and I decided I won’t call her anymore to reminded her. I watched the movie “A Little Romance”, which I had never even heard mentioned before. It was filmed mostly outdoors in Paris and Venice and just for the breathtaking views it would merit a viewing even when the plot is full of holes and the end highly improbable.

I finished reading “A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”, a tender, sad and highly complex look at the thinking process of a teenager affected by Asperger Syndrome. A masterpiece of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment