Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011
Another Sunday to spend at home folding laundry, cleaning house, listening to music and catching up with the news. Caroline came in at 10:00 to give me a hand with the meal I was going to prepare for Peter, but he didn’t show up until 12:30 with the meat. I had already cooked the rice and beans and Caroline had prepared the salad. Peter had delayed his arrival because he was watching a documentary on Iran being presented on Al Jazeera TV. He seems to be quite infatuated with this country. Caroline decided to eat just the rice and beans and salad and leave so she could prepare some materials for a presentation tomorrow and then attend a musical concert taken place later on this afternoon. I was not interested at all in leaving my house.

The meat he brought was beef and took a long time to soften up as I guess cattle here have more of a chance to exercise and develop muscle contrary to ours that is kept restricted to create more marble. The flavor though was fantastic and immediately brought to mind the way we used to cook beef in the Dominican Republic. Nigina called to invite me to the same musical concert and I had to decline once again. We settled for having dinner tomorrow at the Ukrainian restaurant I have yet to try. Peter took some leftovers home after we had chocolates and coffee for dessert.

Went downstairs to see my neighbor Mariam as I found a photo of a jumper I’d like for her to sew for me. She wasn’t home, but her daughter, Nilufar, agreed to go with me to the Sarbhar market on Tuesday to pick out the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment