Monday, April 9, 2012


April 8, 2012
It was a muggy and overcast day that I woke up to. I devoted most of it to work on my presentation on pragmatics for the visit to the American Corner in Khulob this coming Saturday. Moreover, I needed new materials for the new interpreter’s group and the two other classes I’ll have on Monday.

I also had to put in quite a bit of time researching topics for the upcoming ETM so as to conform with the flowchart provided by Multikids to that effect. Since mentoring is one of the topics to be covered, I had to find at least a couple of sources for that as well as for peer evaluation.

Takhmina, from Caritas, called early in the day to invite me to go to the Khourbon Market, but I had too much to do today, and then Zoir called to say one of his brothers is getting married soon in his village and he’d like for me to attend, but he didn’t have a specific date to give me yet. He wanted to come over for a visit, but I turned him as well.


                                        
                                                     Putting my tabac plate to good use.

I was able to type up the list of teachers that completed the training sessions at the PedInst for the dean to revise before I print the certificates hoping to make a trip to the embassy on Friday for their signatures. I ate leftovers and did two loads of laundry before having a Skype session with my sister to catch up with the latest happenings with the family. Mother has started radiation treatment for her multiple myeloma cancer and everybody else if fine, including my brother-in-law, James, who had had a severe case of stress-related vertigo.

I went to bed early so I could continue to read the fascinating story of “Makeda”.

No comments:

Post a Comment