Monday, December 26, 2011

December 25, 2011
I was delighted to find a trickle of water dripping from the bathtub faucet when I tried it as soon as I got up. No such luck with the faucets in the kitchen or bathroom sink. I set out immediately to fill up all the jugs that Maryam had provided me with along with the bucket I already had. It was a relief to be able to do the mountain of dishes that had accumulated in the last three days. I had to heat up water before tackling the chore as the water coming in was icy cold.



                                                   Children visiting with Santa Claus

When I was ready to cook, I was disappointed to see that I had not being careful enough and had bought bologna instead of salami and thus it supplied no flavor whatsoever to my white beans casserole. I’ll know better next time than to buy anything that is not in a transparent package.

Daroush called in the afternoon seeking guidance before attending Yoomie’s cocktail party and gift exchange celebration. He didn’t know what to bring and what to expect in terms of the drinking that might take place. He was crestfallen to hear that neither Caroline nor I would be in attendance. I told him I wasn’t a shopper nor a drinker and so little purpose in attending the event. I advised him to buy something both men and women would like.

Nigina called from Yoomie’s house to find out if I was planning on coming. I gave her my reasons for not attending. I spent most of the day cleaning my hard drive of numerous duplicate files and preparing for another presentation to take place tomorrow at the teacher’s training center alongside Caroline.

Made some progress in reading “The Bean Trees”.

No comments:

Post a Comment