Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18, 2011
A very quiet day at home when not even the telephone rang once. Took advantage of the day to catch up on the news on both the BBC and Al Jazeera networks and eventually moved on to the RTD channel, a Russian network which presents very current documentaries such as the one on the Bay of Pigs invasion and surrogate motherhood I saw last night.

I began doing some online research for a talk on minorities in the United States, which I’ll be presenting alongside Caroline, on January 19 and which coincides with MLK’s day. I’ll have to determine how we can tie it all in for the occasion. I also spent hours listening to Emilio Jose on YouTube. That’s when the Internet connection was strong, enough mind you.

I got an email from Peter indicating he was back in the States; however, he didn’t indicate what state in particular. I haven’t heard from Elisabeth yet. So fortunate to have enough leftovers so as to not have to cook yet, but my fridge is practically empty and I don’t have milk for my cafĂ© con leche. Oh, well.

I have agreed to teach two more classes yet for the non-governmental organization Caritas’ teachers. Since my classes at the PedInst are supposed to be over until perhaps end of January, I figure I could help out there so I’m not entirely loafing at home for so many weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment